Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm all for free speech, but,.....

......what this guy said is f*&king stupid (how's that for a free speech statement). A part-time instructor for the University of Wisconsin-Madison, Kevin Barrett, who doubts 9/11, has compared President Bush to Hitler and neocons to the Nazis.

Says Barrett:

"Like Bush and the neocons, Hitler and the Nazis inaugurated their new era by destroying an architectural monument and blaming its destruction on their designated enemies. That's not comparing them as people, that's comparing the Reichstag fire to the demolition of the World Trade Center, and that's an accurate comparison that I would stand by. Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points on Bush so comparing Bush to Hitler would in many ways be an insult to Hitler."

Says I:

Mr. Barrett, it could be said that by comparing the book, that your essay appears in, to Mein Kampf would be "an insult to Hitler" and that "Hitler had a good 20 to 30 IQ points" on you. Not that I would say that. I couldn't say that, for in doing so, I would be giving you more credit than you are due.

The Rest of the Story


Previous List Random Join Next Grunt's Military Site