Thursday, March 16, 2006

Patrick Henry


I'm not sure why Patrick Henry came to mind today. But, he did. I tried to remember some of the quotes from his speeches, since so much of what he said more that 200 years ago seems so relevant to today. Here are a couple of quotes, that may be less known, that seemed to me, applicable to the MSM and to our 'Iraq policy'.


It is natural for man to indulge in the illusions of hope. We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts... For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth, to know the worst, and to provide for it.

They tell us sir that we are weak, unable to cope with so formidable an adversary.But when shall we be stronger?

Previous List Random Join Next Grunt's Military Site