Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Meet Tracy


For some time now, I have been sending e-mails that included jokes and humorous pictures to soldiers. Anything that I thought might brighten an otherwise tough day. Tracy once had a tough day that he shared with me. I left out the details, for Tracy's security, but here is what he said that I think that I should share with you:
.
Again I am safe and no one was injured except for the fucking dead ass terrorist assholes that I shot.
Tracy

please do not pass this information on to any news media as they are democratic idiots who will never tell the truth.
.
I had told him that if he ever came through Dallas, that I would like to meet him, shake his hand and personally, thank him for his service. I knew that Tracy had come home and was traveling around the United States. I thought that he was home for good. I had not heard from him for some time. So I was very surprised, when I received the following e-mail, yesterday:
.
Hey Barry I am in Dallas at the airport I just wanted to say hi I am on my way to ******** I will be here till 5:04 when my plane leaves from gate B-11. If you are at work I look for you if not I see you when I come back through here around OCT.
Tracy
.
I am old school. 'Keeping your word' and 'a promise is a promise', old school. I read that e-mail in an upstairs room. I got in my pickup, drove ten miles through residential and rush hour traffic (the tank was on 'E'), went through the line at the Airport tollbooth, parked, went through a security check point that was lined up with spring break travelers, made my way through the terminal and found Tracy-in twenty minutes after leaving home. He had literally, taken the first step towards the tunnel to board the aircraft. It was that close.
.
I say, or did all of that, not for me, but, for Tracy. We can assume that the military knows that we support them. But, we would be wrong in thinking that way. It is important to do tangible things. Things that show that we care. It matters.
.
It mattered to Tracy. It mattered to me.
.
It was worth everything to see Tracy smile at the sight of a stranger-me. It was worth it to hear a soldier say "Thank you". Can you imagine? A soldier thanked me. He shook my hand and hugged me several times.
.
Twenty minutes of travel.
.
Fifteen minutes of conversation in an Airport Terminal.
.
A lifetime memory.
.
Priceless!
.
God Bless you Tracy. God bless the United States military.



Previous List Random Join Next Grunt's Military Site