Thursday, November 23, 2006

May You be Blessed on this Thanksgiving Day

May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Day!

On Thanksgiving Day, I sometimes think back on those times when I was alone on this day, as a young soldier (19 years old), thousands of miles from home or when I was a single parent, in another state from where I was born, without my children, my brothers, sisters and parents to give thanks with-and for.

This year Thanksgiving Day falls on my Dad's birthday. He passed away a few years ago. My mother is gone, as well. I miss them.

My sisters and one brother live in another state. My next oldest brother is alone in South Texas, sick with the flu and facing a divorce. I feel his pain and loneliness very deeply.

The kids are grown.

I am no longer 19.

But, I feel blessed and I know that I have much to be thankful for.

I mentioned some personal history, so that anyone who reads this will feel blessed and thankful on this day for all that they have and so that they will appreciate the friends and family that celebrate with them. So many today have so little to be thankful for. Pray for them. Do for them, what you can.

I am posting a link here, for a nice little movie that may prompt some thoughtfulness about what you have to be thankful for.

Bless you all.

Previous List Random Join Next Grunt's Military Site