Thursday, June 01, 2006

Official Apologizes For Saying Bush Should Be Shot Between Eyes


I could be wrong. But, isn't what this idiot said, a Federal crime? I rarely post political stories, preferring to support the troops. But, I would never, ever suggest anything like this dumbass did and I think that threatening the President of the United States should not go unpunished.


NEW YORK -- State Comptroller Alan Hevesi publicly apologized Thursday for a "beyond dumb" remark about "putting a bullet between the president's eyes."

Hevesi hastily called a mea culpa press conference hours after putting his foot in his mouth at the Queens College commencement.

The Queens College media relations office said it had videotaped the commencement but could not immediately provide a copy of the tape or a transcript.

At the press conference, a contrite Hevesi repeated what he recalled saying in the speech. The comptroller said he was merely trying to convey that Sen. Charles Schumer has strength and courage to stand up to the president.

"I apologize to the president of the United States" as well as to Schumer, said Hevesi. "I am not a person of violence."

"I am apologizing as abjectly as I can. There is no excuse for it. It was beyond dumb."
Hevesi said he hadn't been in touch with the White House but he hoped his apology reached President Bush.

Hevesi also called his comments "remarkably stupid" and "incredibly moronic."
"I do speak extemporaneously," he said. "And I've never said anything like this."

Well, sir, you did!




Previous List Random Join Next Grunt's Military Site