Friday, April 14, 2006

Paying Attention to Detail


All of my life, I've tried to follow a lesson that I learned from observing my father. I try to pay attention to the little details in nature. Not just the broader canvas. But, the brush strokes that God used to paint the scene before us.

So it was, that on my drive home today, I noticed and stopped to photograph a clump of Indian Paintbrush. I'm sure that many of my fellow commuters wondered what must be going through my mind.

I thought about how nice that it would be to saddle up that tall, beautiful bay horse with the white blaze on it's forehead, that I once owned, and ride out with my best friend beside me, through the waving prairie grass blanketed by Texas wildflowers, feeling the spring sun against our faces and the soft breeze at our backs.

I felt warm, good. All because of a clump of flowers that made me think of Dad and my best friend and thoughtful, about how sad my life would have been without having known them.

I wondered why I was the only one to notice.


More wildflower pictures here.

Previous List Random Join Next Grunt's Military Site