Thursday, April 06, 2006

DFW Airport Welcomes Soldiers Home

This short video show soldiers being welcomed home, 4/6/06, at DFW airport. It isn't close to how long or how loud the welcome is. It was the same welcome for a single soldier who walked through the door. It is my priviledge to work where I can be a part of this kind of support for our military.


Powered by Castpost
There was a couple waiting close by. They were flying to Germany to see their son, before he deployed to Iraq. I persuaded them to wait until the first soldiers came through. I didn't tell them this, but, I wanted them to see how this country feels about their son's service. So, that they could tell him. When I left, I said goodbye to the mother. By then, she was standing in line, waiving a small American flag and crying. Do you think that maybe she'll hug her son a little harder? I hope so.

The camera didn't do it justice. These volunteers do this over and over. They never seem to grow weary of it.

Previous List Random Join Next Grunt's Military Site