Sunday, April 02, 2006

You tell 'em like it is, Sister

This woman has, as we say here in Texas, cajones!

"During my last night in captivity, my captors forced me to participate in a propaganda video. They told me they would let me go if I cooperated. I was living in a threatening environment, under their control, and wanted to go home alive. I agreed," she said in a statement issued Saturday.

"Things that I was forced to say while captive are now being taken by some as an accurate reflection of my personal views. They are not. The people who kidnapped me and murdered Allan Enwiya are criminals, at best. They robbed Allan of his life and devastated his family. They put me, my family and my friends - and all those around the world, who have prayed so fervently for my release - through a horrific experience. I was, and remain, deeply angry with the people who did this."

A German security guard, speaking for himself, said it all for the rest of us.

Before turning to leave, the burly guard hesitated. "Welcome back home," he said, eyes brimming with tears.

The Rest of the Story

Previous List Random Join Next Grunt's Military Site