Wednesday, January 18, 2006

"...but, you turned to (out) be the terrorist..."

I received the comment, that follows below, from 'Joey'. In it Joey says: "Of course i know that you will remove my comment because you want your people to see the one side of things...is this freedom? you feel free? are others free to speak to you, to express their opinion? (The italics are mine.)

My response to 'Joey' is below his comment.

Joey was right about one thing. I try to post one side in my blog and that would be the side least, or not at all, represented in the mainstream media.

I thought that I would give to any who wish, a chance to "express your opinion". As if any American would have the right to take the right of free speech away from any other American.

Always speak freely. That is why I have this blog. So, that I may excercise my Free Speech rights. I love all of you. I love my country. May God bless you. May God bless the United States of America.

since i was a child, i loved America!!! But, unfortunately the american dream is totally dead, i'm afraid... You were example for the world to follow, but you turned to be the terrorist...
yes...
you...Your own goverments are misleadeading you and we can understand this because we are watching as third person.
Your children would be heroes if they had't killed so many innocent people... You don't have any right to invade other countries. No one wants you alone to help, this is a job of the people and the international community to do, not yours...
I can't imagine how you live with your actions! You don't feel any guilty? You need new markets for your product to sell and you send your beloving sons to kill themselves in battles for others interests? Don't you have any dignity left? No one declared war on you, no terrorists exist (exept you..), but only people trying to keep their heads up and lead their future.
It is like you have a wealthy neighbour who is arguing with his wife for the financial management of the family and you send your son to resolve the conflict by force. But your deeper desire is to obtain for yourself a part of your neighbour's wealth by deciding for his life and his finances. Although, all thing don't go as you wish and your son may get killed by your neighbour for interfering in his life. You like this? We don't...
Of course i know that you will remove my comment because you want your people to see the one side of things... is this freedom? you feel free? are the others free to speak to you, to express their opinion?
Also, i want to tell you that i don't feel good by saying these things, because sometime i loved this country and respected its people...Joey 01.16.06 - 4:43 am #

Joey, I feel very free!! It is something that you obviously know nothing about. Freedom is earned. Apparently, you think that it should be given to you.
.
This quote is at the bottom of my blog page and applies to you:
.
"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature who can never be free except made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." --John Stuart Mill
.
Joey, you seem miserable.
.
At first, I was not going to dignify your comment with a response. But, I couldn't let your unfounded criticism go unchallenged. I would not remove your comments, as you accused me of. My son fights for freedom to speak one's mind. Even your right to do so.
.
There isn't a need to invade other countries to create new markets. But, you might want to keep your eye on the Chinese. The United States imports a great many things from China, as it always as from Japan.
.
We (the U.S.) did not declare war on Iraq. The conflict began with Iraq's invasion of Kuwait. Iraq had violated many U.N. (of which your own country is a member) resolutions. We had the balls to do something about a cruel, despicable tyrant who declared war on and terrorized his own people.
.
I had two hits from a website in Greece about the time your comments were posted. Assuming that you call Greece home, you might want to call on the U.N. the next time the Turks invade. Or any member of the 'international community' who might be willing to shed blood to bail your happy ass out. I don't wish to insult the good people from Greece or Turkey. I think that both countries are an asset to the world.
.
I feel no animosity towards you. You seem young and naive. Wisdom will come with age. Everything else, including freedom and respect, you will have to earn. You should start now.
.
PS: One more thing-there are terrorists! There are men who wish to see you and all that you love, die and vanish from the face of the earth. They will kill you. Be vigilant. In spite of what I said, when that time comes, the United States of America will be there for you.
Griz Homepage 01.16.06 - 2:55 pm #

Previous List Random Join Next Grunt's Military Site