Monday, January 02, 2006

'I believe 100 percent we should be there'

As far as I know, this story wasn't on CNN, NBC or CBS, wasn't on the front page of the Washington Post or the New York Times. I'll bet that it wasn't anywhere in the main stream media. From the Post-Standard in Syracuse, N.Y.:


'I believe 100 percent we should be there'
Monday, January 02, 2006
By Pedro Ramirez III Staff writer


Staff Sgt. Jamie McIntyre has served in Afghanistan. Within weeks, the 10th Mountain Division soldier will be going back for his second tour of duty.

McIntyre, 25, bristles at what he sees as the lack of media attention to the war there, especially compared with the war in Iraq. Afghanistan, in his opinion, has been forgotten.

"Afghanistan is still a hot spot. It's not a game. It's not something we're over there wasting our time for," he said. "In my heart, I believe 100 percent that we should be there."


Continue Story

Previous List Random Join Next Grunt's Military Site